The Knuckles Mountain Range is located between Matale and Kandy and is so named because it resembles the knuckles of a clenched fist. The terrain consists of grasslands, rugged mountains, trickling streams, cascading waterfalls and encompasses an area of 18512 hectares. Ideal for hiking and trekking, the mountain range was marked as a World Heritage Conservation Area, due to the need to preserve the area’s natural beauty and biodiversity. Trekking the mountains and reaching its stunning peak are one of the most popular activities for adventure seekers. The ideal time to visit Knuckles is from June to September weather is fairly pleasant and rain is a very rare possibility.
Rest and relax in nature
Knuckles peak trekking (start 6.45 AM - 16 KM both way)
waterfall trekking and (Start 6.45 AM- 09 KM both way)
Camping (Overnight stay)
Heeloya Village trekking and village experience and homestay (start 07.30 AM - 1.30 PM)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.