Nuwara Eliya, also nicknamed Little England by the British during their occupation of the island, is a popular town in Sri Lanka’s hill country. It was known that when the British discovered the town, everything about it reminded them of England, as such they decided to name it Little England. With colonial styled, old English bungalows, the town still holds remnants of its past occupiers. Mountains of tea and hills of vegetable patches provide a variety of different landscapes for the traveller to admire. Visitors to Nuwara Eliya have a plethora of things to do here, from strolling through a botanical garden to exploring secret waterfalls in the area. Because of its mountainous terrain, the weather in Nuwara Eliya is quite different to most parts of the country. Expect cold winds during the day or night, mist, rainfall and generally chilly weather.
Ceylon tea heritage tour + Pedro tea factory (AM - approx 04 h)
Galway's Land National park
Hakgala botanical garden
Lovers leap waterfall
St. Clair's falls
Gregory park, horse riding, boat riding and kids activities
Holy trinity Church
Single tree hill
Damro labookellie tea lounge
Walking tour in Nuwara Eliya
Scenic journey to Pussallewa
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.