Tissamaharama, more affectionately nicknamed as Tissa is a town on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. The town holds a variety of cultural and wildlife attractions, as it’s known to be the closest major town to Yala National Park. The Yala National Park is one of the most famous wildlife reserves in the country and it’s the best place to spot leopards and sloth bears! The city was founded in the 3rd century BC, when the three iconic stupas and the ancient irrigation systems were built in the city during the reign of King Kavantissa. The Tissa Wewa Lake is one of the irrigation systems, while the others are known as Yoda Wewa, Weerawila Wewe, Debarawewe Wewa and Pannegamuwa Wewa.
Yala National Park Safari (6.00 AM / 2.30 PM - Half day tour or full day tour)
Rest and Relax in nature and private beach
Camping in wildlife destination + BBQ dinner around fire camp (Overnight stay)
Walking tour in rural village (AM or PM - Approx. 02 h)
Tissa wetland Sanctuary
Visit to Archeological museum Tissa
- Activity schedule / time can be change due to weather and practical reasons.
- Camping site include dinner and breakfast.
- If you are looking only for selected activities of the package please refer to our Experiential Tours or make an inquiry.
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.