Polonnaruwa was the second ancient capital city of Sri Lanka, after the fall of the Anuradhapura Kingdom.This UNESCO World Heritage Site offers travellers an escape from modern civilizations and transports them to one of the oldest planned archaeological cities in the country. The city was made famous following the ‘Monkey Kingdom’ movie that was released displaying the wild inhabitants of the ancient city. While exploring this medieval town, make sure you visit the largest man-made rainwater reservoir known as Parakrama Samudraya, a 3.5m high statue of King Parakramabahu the Great, the Royal Palace and audience halls, the Potgul Vehara, Shiva Devale, the Lankatilaka and many other ancient monuments and structures.
Monkeys Conservation Project Polonnaruwa
Polonnaruwa ancient city tour
Cycling tour in ancient city of Polonnaruwa (AM - Approx 05/06 h)
- Activity schedule / time can be change due to weather and practical reasons.
- You can select Polonnaruwa ancient city tour either by A/C vehicle / tuk tuk or cycle on your own choice.
- If you are looking only for selected activities of the package please refer to our Experiential Tours or make an inquiry.
- Accommodation charges has not been included in the package and we would arrange accommodation facilities on your request and additional charges will be added.
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.