Starting Time: 08.30 Hours
Starting Location: Sigiriya / Dambulla or Habarana
- 08:30 AM – After the breakfast at your hotel you will driven to Polonnaruwa.
- 10:00 AM – Visit Ancient City of Polonnaruwa
Polonnaruwa was the second ancient capital city of Sri Lanka, after the fall of the Anuradhapura Kingdom.This UNESCO World Heritage Site offers travelers an escape from modern civilizations and transports them to one of the oldest planned archaeological cities in the country. The city was made famous following the ‘Monkey Kingdom’ movie that was released displaying the wild inhabitants of the ancient city. While exploring this medieval town, make sure you visit the largest man-made rainwater reservoir known as Parakrama Samudraya, a 3.5m high statue of King Parakramabahu the Great, the Royal Palace and audience halls, the Potgul Vehara, Shiva Devale, the Lankatilaka and many other ancient monuments and structures.
- Visit Archaeological Museum
Escape the heat of exploring the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and head over to the Archaeological Museum. A modern museum next to the Parakrama Samudraya displays a collection of artefacts, artistic impressions of the historic monuments and significant relics from the ancient kingdom. Be fascinated as you learn about the rich history as you browse through the museum’s display of bronze statues, medical instruments and many more.
- Visit monkeys conservation project
Iconically dubbed as the Monkey Kingdom, following Disney’s movie of the primate, Polonnaruwa is home to the Monkey Conservation Project. This project aims to protect and conserve the population of monkeys in the country; guests are taken on an educational tour to observe monkeys in the forest and around the area.
- Lunch – Enjoy your lunch and rustic atmosphere around
- Drop off to your hotel
- Polonnaruwa ancient kingdom sightseeing tour
- Entrance tickets to ancient kingdom of Polonnaruwa
- Hotel pick up and drop off from Sigiriya
- Transfer by air conditioned vehicle (Car / Van)
- English speaking guide
- King coconut refreshments
- All government taxes
- Personal expenses and tips
- Meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Donations at Monkey’s conservation project
- Anything NOT mentioned under Inclusions
- You can customize the tour on your interest. Please contact our agents via telephone / what’s app +94713922275 / +94770422666.
- You can get special offers & discounts. Please contact our agents via telephone / what’s app +94713922275 / +94770422666.
- Cancellations made within 15 days from the scheduled start of a tour, 80% of total tour fee will be refunded.
- Cancellations 72 hours prior to the scheduled starting date: 50% of total tour fee will be refunded.
- Cancellations made with less than 72 from the start of a tour – Zero refund.
- No Show – Zero refund.