Translating to Land of Lakes, the protected Wilpattu National Park is located in the northwest of Sri Lanka and has over 60 lakes and tanks located within its expansive 1,317 sq km of dense forest. Being one of the oldest and the largest parks on the island, only 25% of its area is open for the public, while the rest remains blanketed by untouched nature. Wilpattu is also noted for its archaeological and historical significance, as it was believed that about 500 years ago, Indian Prince Vijaya built the Sinhalese kingdom in a corner of Wilpattu. Wildlife safaris are the most popular excursion in the area. Although it’s open all through the year, the most ideal months are from February to October.
Transfer by boat or road from Kalpitiya to Wilpattu
Organic farm and experience
Traditional cooking demonstration (Lunch)
Wilpattu National Park safari (start at 3.00 PM)
- Activity schedule / time can be change due to weather and practical reasons.
- Accommodation charges has not been included in the package and we would arrange accommodation facilities on your request and additional charges will be added.
- If you are looking only for selected activities of the package please refer to our Experiential Tours or make an inquiry.
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.