Take a stroll back in time as you walk through historic ruins of buildings, Buddhist shrines, kingdoms and cities! Anuradhapura was one of the most notable ancient capitals in Sri Lanka and has been marked as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Known to be one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world, Anuradhapura offers curious travellers an insight into the island’s rich history and diverse culture. The ‘sacred city of Anuradhapura’ is believed to be home to the Sri Maha Bodhi, a sapling taken from the main Peepal Tree in Bodhi Gaya, India, under which Lord Buddha was said to have attained enlightenment. Some of the other significant places to visit are the Ruwanweliseya; a pristine, towering, Buddhist shrine, the Abhayagiri Monastery; found around 109 BC, a stunning 2m Samadhi statue of the Buddha carved during the 4th century and the wondrous Kuttam Pokuna; ancient twin ponds.
Anuradhapura City Tour - (AM - Approx. 4 h)
Minneriya National Park - (Start 3.00 PM)
Cycling tour in Anuradhapura (7.00 AM - Approx. 05 h)
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Within 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time: 100% Cancellation Fee.
- No Shows – 100% Cancellation Fee.